Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oooo... spooky...

The other two projects that were completed by my stamp clubs this week were Hallowe'en projects.   I love the spooky season, which is why I caved 2 days ago and decorated my house with lots of orange, black and purple.  I had tried to just put up the fall decor, but it was trapped inside the big orange/black bin, and Michelle wanted it all up.  How could I say no?

I don't know of anyone that sends Hallowe'en cards, so instead of making cards, we played with paper and treats.  I love the first project because the treat bag holds just enough treats (I've put a few in here, but the bags can certainly hold more than this!).   All of the Designer Paper on these two projects is from Ghostly Greetings.  The stamp set is Batty for You, and I've added some Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Old Olive cardstock to round things out.  Anyhow, the paper for the top of the bags is a 5"x 5" square, with an oval cut in the centre of the paper.  The bags are the Clear Translucent medium envelopes from page 167 in the Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalogue.  50 of these envelopes are $5.95, and they can fit cards as well as treats!  You fill the bags, seal them up, and staple on your paper.  I have then added the Bad to the Bone skull for something fun on the top.



This cute little dude is a bookmark that has been wrapped around an orange TicTac box.  Easy to make, easy to give out, and fun for all!  The Pumpkin Pie cardstock is 7 7/8" x 1 1/2" and the Ghostly Greetings paper has been cut at 7 5/8" x 1 1/4".  The length dimensions are important to ensure that your container is wrapped properly.  Glue them together, and let them dry!!!  Once they are completely dry, cut a notch at 1 1/4" from the top, and another at 1/2" from the bottom.  Make sure they are on opposite sides of the bookmark otherwise you won't be able to hook them together!!  Wrap the bookmark around and hook them together.  Add a cute dude to the top, and you're done!
 

Even though it's a bit early... Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments: