Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Calming Cup of Green Tea

Wow!  What a busy week!!!  I'm really hoping that things will start to settle down now that the kids are back in school.  I have a sneaking suspicion though that the opposite will happen!

I have another box to share with you this afternoon.  The base to the box is the same as the Candied Cherry box, however this time I've added a lid.  This is another of the boxes that we will be making in our upcoming box class on September 16th.  The class is currently full, but if I have enough interest, I will hold a second class.  E-mail me if you want to come!

The base has been constructed using Baja Breeze cardstock, and has been stamped using one of the stamps from Embrace Life.  I have stamped it first in Old Olive, and then in Versamark.  As a result, one set of flowers stands out while the rest fade into the background.  

The lid of the box was constructed using Green Tea Designer Series Paper.  I have added a splash of Baja Breeze striped ribbon, and have secured the ribbon to the lid using a jumbo brad.  I found the brad a bit of a challenge to put in because I assembled the lid before I punched the hole.  I think that our upcoming box class will use Build-A-Brads instead.  

Enjoy!!

W

No comments: