Sunday, September 21, 2008

Big Shot Scallop Circle Cards

I was trolling through some of my favourite blogs last week and came across Scallop cards in Corrine Somerville's blog.  She had made some scallop style cards using her Big Shot, so I just had to give it a try!  I made 4 of them on Friday evening, of which I've already posted one (Michelle's birthday card).  Here's the second!


I made two of these cards, with slightly different colour combinations for the centre flowers.  Corrine has a great demonstration on her blog on how to cut these cards, but here's the basics.  Take a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock and cut it in half.  Fold one half in two, and line it up with the scallop die ($23.95) for the Big Shot.  The key is to ensure that 5-6 of the scallops are visible, on the edge with the fold (ie. don't cover the entire scallop die with your cardstock).  You can then run the die through the Big Shot and it easily cuts through both layers.  This card was made using Not Quite Navy cardstock.  

Using my Creative Memories circle cutters, I cut a 3 1/2" circle for the centre of the card using one of the papers in the Maine Blueberry DSP.  Corrine has this on one of her blog cards and I loved the look.  The flowers on my card were cut using the Flower Layers die ($18.95).  I cut the flowers three times, in Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue, and ended up with three full sets of flowers that I could then layer in a multitude of colour combinations.  A half pearl from the Pretties kit was added to the centre, and I added some Old Olive ribbon to the top.  I haven't added any sentiments to the card because... I'm not sure who's getting it.  When I made this card I was really just playing with my Big Shot, and having fun.  There's lots more that could be added - if I find the time...

The full list of available Sizzix dies will be available in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalogue on October 1st.   The dies and Big Shot are available NOW!  If you would like to purchase any of the dies, or the Big Shot itself, give me a call, drop me an e-mail, or try our convenient Online Ordering!!!

Happy stamping!

No comments: