Monday, September 22, 2008

An extremely cute (and easy!) baby card

Today's offering is a card that my stamp club will be creating this week.  I saw the original on Corrine Sommerville's blog, and LOVED it!  So, I thought that it would be a good card for my stamp club to have fun with.  


I have used Pink Pirouette paper for the body of this card (as well as the sentiment), along with Bella Rose paper for inside the scallop.  The sentiment is from Say It with Scallops.  This set is this year's Ronald McDonald House set for 2008-2009.  Stampin' Up! will donate $2 from the sale of each set to Ronald McDonald House Charities.  The sentiment is embossed using White embossing powder, and has been punched using the new square scallop punch.  I have also inked the edges of the square, and added some Stampin' Dimensionals to the back.

The 2" circle at the top was cut out using my CM circle cutters (I know!  They're not SU!  But I've had them for three years now...).  I also punched a small hole on each side of the semi-circle, and fed some Whisper White grosgrain ribbon through.  

What a cute card!!!  And sooooo easy to make.

Just as an FYI... my Monday stamp club for the next group is completely full.  The Thursday group has 5 confirmed members, and 2 "I'm almost sure" members.  So, there's really only one for sure spot left.  If you want it, let me know.  Quickly!  The next round of stamp club begins in late November, but you definitely want to confirm your spot now.

Happy stamping!

No comments: