Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mega-Meeting swaps

Yesterday was a very busy, but very fun day.  I was at Laura Robinson's Mega-Meeting, along with 90 other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  We swapped cards, made cards, watched some awesome WOW presentations, and caught up on the news with other demos in Laura's downline.
I made 40 swap cards, and was able to trade all of them with other demos.  In addition, I picked up 16 cards from Jennifer Tinline's shoebox swap that was held at the end of August.  There were some terrific cards in my basket at the end of the afternoon!

My swap card is based on a card that I created for my holiday Stamp-A-Stack last Christmas.  I've changed the colours and the stamps on the "ornaments" (last year's card was created using Always Artichoke & Red Rose).  The snowflakes are from Season of Joy, and the sentiment is from Wonderful Words.  The colours are Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White.  The silver cord isn't available now... but it will be in October when the elastic cord returns to the Holiday Mini Catalogue.


I have added some of the cards created by members of my downline.  Sharon Zinner created this really cute Christmas card using the Level 2 hostess set Deer Friends, and Heard from the Heart.  I love the chipboard heart that she's added!


This card was created by Colleen Weddell.  It uses Ginormous Flowers, and every colour of ink from our updated In Colour line.  The sentiment is from All Holidays.  An easy card to make with lots of visual impact.


Karen Kane designed this lovely card using Fruit Stand, and Heard from the Heart.  This card is easy to colour, but has a great visual impact.

This adorable Halloween card was made by Dana Aitken, a talented demonstrator under Sharon Zinner.  She used the Batty for You set, along with some Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper and Kiwi Kiss Striped Ribbon.  The googly eyes add a great touch!

Finally, a really cute card from demonstrator Karen Green, also part of Sharon's downline. The card features the set Window Dressing, which is a Level 3 hostess set.  Karen did an excellent job watercolouring the card and its background.  I love this card!  I'm sure the fact that I love cats has something to do with it...

Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment of my loony stamping blog.  I'll be posting pics of the cards that we made at the meeting.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy!

I loved your swap card too. I thought everyone did a fantastic job!!! I don't think I could pick a favourite card if I tried :)

I enjoyed your presentation about the boxes! Very cool stuff!

Talk to you soon!

Sharon