Monday, August 18, 2008

Stitchin' up some workshop cards...

I was very sad when Bodacious Bouquet was retired a couple of catalogues ago.  I really liked using the bold images in that set, and found myself using it a lot for workshops.  I finally "replaced" it recently with Stitched Exotics, and it's co-ordinating background, Stitched.  

When messing around with the stamps last week, I came up with this card.  I think that it may be one of my workshop cards for the fall workshop season.  I found the colour combination on Splitcoast - another stamper had created a card using these colours and I loved them together!

The background is So Saffron, and the mat is Tangerine Tango (one of the new In Colours!).  The mat has been stamped using Stitched and Chocolate Chip ink.  The swirls were stamped on Whisper White cardstock, and the edges were dragged through the Tangerine Tango ink.  The flower in the centre was stamped on scrap Whisper White cardstock (using Tangerine Tango ink), and then cut out.  I have put a Vintage brad through the centre, added some Dazzling Diamonds to the petals, and popped it off of the card using a piece of rubber.  The sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes, and was stamped on the So Saffron cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink.

Two of my three kids are leaving for tomorrow for Grandma's house.  They'll be gone for a couple of days so I might (stress the "might") get some fun stuff done while they are gone!  

Keep watching...

W


No comments: