Sunday, August 17, 2008

Celebrating birthdays!

This weekend was birthday weekend!  My husband's birthday was yesterday, my mother-in-law's birthday was on Thursday, and the daughter of a very good friend celebrated her birthday today.  In honour of all of these special days, I spent Friday evening making birthday cards!!  Adina's card hasn't been made yet simply because although her birthday is today, she's not having her birthday party until the beginning of September.  The other two received a version of this card:


The adorable people stamps are from All in the Family and the sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes.  I don't use the people nearly enough and really need to start incorporating them in more of my projects.  I think my stamped hairstyle will change on a regular basis as I NEVER have the same style for more than a few months!  

The background for the card is Real Red, and the mat is Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper.  The "grass" has been chopped using Old Olive cardstock, and I've added some Bashful Blue ribbon for good measure.  

Enjoy! 

No comments: