Monday, August 25, 2008

A familiar card with a new twist

Some of my stamp club members will recognize this card as being somewhat familiar, but almost the entire card is different.  

I don't have a copy of the original card that this is based on, but I can tell you that the flowers in the centre were stamped using Bud Basics, and that I have used both Well-Worn words and the Paisley background stamps for the background.  The original background covered the entire card, the sentiment was on the left, and there was no ribbon or Jumbo eyelet.

So, I guess it is a new card!  Only the basic outline and colours are the same.  This one uses the Stitched Exotics set for the big flowers, and the Stitched background stamp (isn't it amazing?!?) on the background.  The colours used are Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, and Very Vanilla.  I used a Pewter Jumbo Eyelet on the flowers, and then attached them to the Mellow Moss square.  The new Scallop Edge punch was used on the bottom of the background.  It is extremely easy to make scalloped edges using this new punch!!  The sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly set, and has been heat embossed in silver.  Finally, some Mellow Moss ribbon has been added to finish it off.

If you need the dimensions for the card, please drop me an e-mail.  

Enjoy!

W

No comments: