Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to the alphabet!

I've managed to get a bit of scrapping done in the past couple of weeks, so I've got more of the infamous A-Z album to share.  Today's installment showcases the letter "R" - Road Trip!!!

The paper is Dashing DSP (now retired), with Old Olive textured 12x12 paper as the base.  I've added some Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and some thicker red ribbon that I found at Michael's.  I think that the brads are from the 'Rama, but I'm not sure.  The journalling was done on River Rock cardstock, and the mats have been done using Real Red.  The title was stamped using the Headline Alphabet (retired), and the date was stamped using the Short Order (current) alphabet.  All stamping was done using Real Red and Old Olive ink, and the chipboard letter was covered with Designer Series Paper and sanded.

I used a few tools on these pages - Scallop Edge punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" punches, Photo Corner punch, mat pack, and the Crop-a-dile (latter two are for making perfect holes in the photo corners).  I've also used my Creative Memories circle cutters.  Whoops!  Did I say that out loud???

There's a pile of journalling on these two pages.  Far more than what I normally add.  For these pages I needed it because even though it was only a day trip to Buffalo to watch a Bills game, lots of fun stuff happened.  When was the last time you saw a scalper drop a $20 bill on the street and keep on going?  We snatched that bill (to the chagrin of the people in the car behind us who saw what happened) and it payed for our parking!  

Happy stamping, and scrapbooking!

W

No comments: