Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Birthday Central in Stampingland

I've spent my evening making fairly simple cards because I'm in the middle of prime birthday season.  It seems as though a lot of our family/friend birthdays fall in a fairly short period of time, and this is it!

My sister's birthday is near the end of October.  Her card was created using the Party Hearty set (currently on sale at 20% off if you spend $20!), and the On Your Birthday sentiment set.  Colours you ask?  Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point.  The hats were stamped off once before being stamped on the card because Pacific Point is quite a strong colour and I didn't want them to overwhelm the card.  
 

My mom's birthday is this weekend.  I saw a version of this card at our recent Mega-Meeting, and thought that I would recreate the swirls and flowers from Priceless.  I added some striped grosgrain ribbon, a sentiment from On Your Birthday, and some Dazzling Diamonds for good measure.  Colours on this card are Bashful Blue and Pixie Pink.



Tomorrow's card features one of my favourite friends... watch for it!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: