Friday, October 3, 2008

Come and see what's new!

The Holiday Mini Catalogue was released on Wednesday, and there are some wonderful new things to play with!  This morning I spent a bit of time with the Star Bright Designer Series Paper Ornaments, and the Season of Cheer Rub-Ons.  Here's what I came up with on the fly...

All of the pieces in this kit are die cut, and just need to be separated from the larger piece of paper.  The stars and circles are also scored, so there's no need to sit there with a ruler and a stylus, scoring your paper.  Stampin' Up! also includes 12 silver brads (for the round ornaments above), and 10 yards of silver elastic cord for hangers.  


I wanted to create a few small embellishments for these ornaments without going overboard because I'm heading out to a workshop this evening, and don't want to scare everyone away with crazy ornaments!  The easiest way to create cute little tags is to use rub-ons and some scrap paper in Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive.  


I attached the green star to the red star using a dot of Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive.  Great adhesion, and the green star still "pops" off the red star.  The kit contains 54 stars, which is enough to decorate your house, or oodles of Christmas gifts.  


Now... this last guy certainly doesn't scream Christmas!  While I had my paper cutter out, I decided to make a quick pumpkin using some of the Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper.  I think he's kinda cute!

For those of you on my mailing list, I will be sending out the October newsletter this weekend.  If you are not on my mailing list but would like to be added, please drop me a quick e-mail at littleinklings@rogers.com and I'll make sure you receive the latest issue.  

Enjoy!

No comments: