Tuesday, October 28, 2008

DVD Tin Photo Albums

I was looking at my calendar last night, and realized that I have a very busy few weeks coming up!!!  Workshops, classes, a Stamp-A-Stack, and a big birthday party for my son who's turning 6.  Somewhere in there I need to find the time to carve 13 pumpkins this week.  Yes, you read that correctly.  13 pumpkins.  

In the meantime, I can finally post some more pictures of my top-secret projects because they are no longer top secret!!!  My stamp club met last night, and everyone finished off their DVD Photo Albums.  These albums are quite quick and easy to make, and will make great Christmas gifts.  In the past I have given my mom and mother-in-law mini-scrapbooks for Christmas with photos of my kids that have been taken over the past year.  This year I'm going to put these together.  

The tins were purchased at effectuality.com.  The link to the tins can be found here.  They are very reasonably priced, and shipped very quickly (the fact that they are in Toronto and I'm in the GTA certainly helped!!).  

The paper used on the tins is from the Holiday Treasures DSP, with a bit of Chocolate Chip cardstock added to the front.  The 1" wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain has been added to the front as well.  The letters and numbers were punched using my QuicKutz alphabets Marisa and Snowday.  I don't have any Sizzix alphabets as of yet, so even though this isn't an SU! alphabet, it worked quite well for the project.  I've added a small chipboard heart, covered in Riding Hood Red classic ink, to the front.

Directions for the inside of the tin can be found here at SplitCoastStampers.  I have glued more Holiday Treasures paper inside, and have left the lid of the tin blank so that it can be personalized to fit the photos inside.  I will likely add some journalling here about the specific pictures that I add to the album.  The sleeves are Stampin Up! clear envelopes, and I've used 2 jumbo eyelets and some 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon to secure them.  
 

If you need some additional information about the tin, don't hesitate to ask!!!

Happy stamping!