Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Happy Housewarming card for a friend

One of my top-secret projects last week was the creation of this card.  A good friend of mine (as well as a demo in my downline!) recently moved into her house.  I thought that a card using the Neighbourhood wheel was in order.  

I wheeled some houses onto some Confetti White cardstock (which I love because it's thicker and sturdier than Whisper White).  Using some snips, I cut around the houses and coloured them using my blender pens.  I initially tried to colour them using an Aqua Painter, but I need loads of practice with one of those before I can actually send off a watercoloured card!!!  The main card is constructed using Bordering Blue.  This is where I got stuck.  I don't have any ribbon that goes with Bordering Blue.  So, I went searching online for colours that go well with the blue and was surprised when I found that Kiwi Kiss is a pretty interesting match. 

 The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black Craft ink, and I added a small doodle beneath.  I really need to find me a good "welcome to your new home" stamp.  Hmmm... a trip through the catty may be in order...

Happy stamping!


1 comment:

KAREN KANE said...

It's so cute - thanks so much!