Thursday, April 24, 2008

Swaps galore!

Sorry - I've been so busy stamping this week that I haven't had time to post anything fun on my crazy blog!  Luckily the madness will end on Saturday after I return from Spring Fling in London.  As it is I've still got hoards to do, but realize that I really need to share some fun projects with you!

I've made 40 swap cards (picture to be posted later - once I actually take one!) and 16 3-D swap items.  I was at a bit of a loss for awhile as to what to create, but I ended up finding some cute boxes at the 'Rama and gussying them up a bit.  A quick note about the boxes...  these are in the hardware aisle, NOT the craft aisle.  They do have boxes that are bigger in the craft aisle, but they are a much bigger pain to cover with paper as they don't have a straight edge on the hinge side of the box.

The boxes are great for holding embellishments, and toting them around to wherever you decide to create your masterpieces.  I've used some of the Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper for the edges, as well as some Certainly Celery for the mat.  I just received my Jumbo Outline Alphabet, and thought that this would be a fun time to play with it!  I saw some awesome cards on Splitcoast that have been made using this alpha, and loved the way that they overlapped the letters.  I've stamped mine in Chocolate Chip ink, and coloured them in using a Blender Pen and some Bashful Blue ink.  I've then punched the flowers out using the 5-petal punch, and some Rose Red, So Saffron & Bashful Blue paper.  If I have enough time I'm going to print out some labels for the inside, and punch them using the My Way (arrows!) punch.  

Gotta run - my kitchen is a DISASTER!!!

2 comments:

KAREN KANE said...

Wow, these are nice Wendy! I hope I'm in the same WOW swap as you so I can get one! I myself made 4x4chipboard coaster scrapbooks. As the Urban Peasant used to say "use whatcha got" and I had coasters. I can hardly wait to see these tomorrow. Oh wait, won't it still be dark when we leave?! :-)

Becca said...

HI: My name is Bela, I wanted to stop by from the Meet-Up that Gale hosts. What a great idea and I love the colours you used. Great blog entry.
Bela