Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's FINALLY spring!

This afternoon was absolutely gorgeous!  Derek went to the Jays game with a friend (they beat up on the Red Sox for the second day in a row!  Yea!), and I took the kids to the park for the first time since last fall.  We then came home, and Chris coloured on the driveway while Brendan and Michelle "helped" me clean out the car.  That was a chore in itself!!

Last night I had some wonderful ladies over who had the opportunity to try something new.  It was a great evening, and they had a wonderful time playing with things that I don't normally bring out at workshops or Stamp Club.

Here are the cards - I remembered to take the photos this afternoon when I didn't need to use a flash.   The first card looks better for it - Brocade Blue cardstock, Rose Red & So Saffron Prints Designer Paper, Ribbon from the Jersey Ribbon collection, and of course, Pretties!!!  I LOVE painting these flowers, and using the bits and pieces to attach them to cards.  The sentiment is from Fundamental Phrases, and was stamped in Rose Red ink.


When I first saw these two colours together (Wild Wasabi & More Mustard) I wasn't thrilled with them.  They are the two colours in the ribbon on the card (also from the Jersey Ribbon collection), but they just aren't my colours.  The ladies last night liked the combination quite a bit, so I felt relieved!!  We used a More Mustard marker and a blender pen loaded with Wild Wasabi ink to load up the flowers on the stamp, and then very lightly stamped off before actually stamping the cardstock.  Have a look a the brad - it's one of the Build-A-Brads!!  Very fun!

Last, but certainly not least, is this really bright Real Red Card.  We used a bit of Summer Picnic Designer Paper, Real Red ribbon, and one of the silver ribbon slides from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit in the Occasions Mini Catalogue.   The large orange flower is one the Die-Cut blooms and the white rub-on in the red scallop (A Perfect Day Rub-Ons) are in the mini catty.  Once again, Fundamental Phrases was used for the "celebrate", stamped in Real Red in.  Fun, Fun, Fun!


Enjoy the weather!!!  Time to go back out and check out my perennials... some of they have started to pop!

No comments: