Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More fun cards

I thought I would share a couple of fun cards with you this afternoon.  Both have been used in classes in the past month, and both are fun to make and play with!  

First off is the spinning apple/smile card.  This one is a tad fiddly to make (lots of Sticky Strip!) but does it ever have WOW impact.  That and people love to play with the circle to make it go around!!


The card really is an easy one to make.  The "Thank You" is from the Enjoy Every Moment set, and has been stamped in Basic Black.  The "Smile" is from the Be Happy set, and is stamped in Real Red.  The back of the smile is an apple from the Tart and Tangy set (yum!).  The paper used in the card's creation are Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, and Summer Picnic Designer Series paper from the Occasions Mini.  I heard someone say that this is the greatest paper ever and I have to agree.  The patterns and colours are awesome!!  Directions were found on Splitcoaststampers, and can be found here.

The other one is a fun pop-up card that can be mailed.  I made this one last year using some of the old In Colours, but rejigged it for a workshop this past weekend using Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Basic Black and Whisper White.

I originally made this card at a team meeting last spring, but don't have any written instructions.  Give me a day or two and I'll create them and post them on my blog.  

Oh, before I forget... the stamp sets are Warm Words and Polka Dots and Petals.  The stems were added using a ruler and a Certainly Celery marker.

Until later...  Cheers!

No comments: