Monday, June 2, 2008

It's late, and I'm surrounded by photos that I'm trying to organize.  Actually, the ones that are printed are organized.  It's the ones that are still on the computer that are not.  I was clearing out my e-mail this evening and realized that I had not redeemed my code for 100 free photos through Kodak (the whole Future Shop transfer thing).  So, here I am trying to decide what to print.  Ack!

My dining room is still a mess from last week's stamp club.  I'm hoping to clean it up tomorrow, between trips to the potty with my little girl who decided TODAY that it was time to use a potty.  Since it hasn't been cleaned up yet, the cards haven't been put away.  Here's one that we did last week.  The only real stamping on the card is on the ribbon.  We stamped the "Happy Birthday" from It's Your Birthday on the ribbon using Versamark ink, and then embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.  

The butterfly itself has been stamped into foam.  That crazy foam that you have lying around your house because your kids have hoards of it.  In my case, there was marker on the background.  One of Christopher's stories.  But, I needed pink foam, and his story was sacrificed for the cause (please don't tell him!).  Anyhow, the foam was heated using a heat tool until it became quite pliable.  At that point the foam is placed on a flat surface, and the stamp is pushed into it.  You need to hold the stamp down firmly, and count to 15 before you lift it off.  Once you do, you'll have a great image!

Tomorrow I will try my best to post the current Stampin' Up! promos.  It all depends on that whole potty-training thing.

Happy stamping!

No comments: