Thursday, June 12, 2008

A card with no stamping??? Say it isn't so!

I made a birthday card for a friend last week that has NO stamping on it!!!  Instead there is lots of dry embossing.  

















I used different colours of vellum (available at the big M), and the brass Bodacious Bouquet (now retired... sniff) template.  I dry embossed the flowers onto the vellum, and then cut them out.  Not an arduous task because the flowers are larger than a lot that I've cut out.  I used the stem outlines on the stencil to emboss the flower stems on the Whisper White cardstock.  Rhinestone brads from the 'Rama attach the flowers to the white cardstock, and the flowers are glittered up using some 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds.

The white cardstock is then attached to a piece of Barely Banana.  

Woo!  I've got another card waiting in the wings that has more cutting on it... Stay tuned.

W

No comments: