Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playin' with Heat & Stick Powder

Stamp club last month involved a lot of Heat and Stick powder, and a lot of glitter!!!  One of the projects that we completed was a gift card holder, complete with glittered snowflakes.


The gift card holder was made using Chocolate Chip cardstock as a base.  The dimensions of the paper are 7" x 4 1/4".  It was scored at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2".  I have added a piece of Ski Slope Designer Series Paper to the front flap.  The bottom flap was stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink using the small snowflake from the Country Living Holiday Stampin' Kit.  I sprinkled Heat and Stick powder over the snowflakes, and heated the cardstock (but just until the powder melted).  I then dipped the paper into my box o' Dazzling Diamonds, shook off the excess, and heated the cardstock again to set the glue.  I gave the glue a couple of moments to fully set and cool, and then took a Swiffer cloth to the card to remove the excess glitter (because there was a lot!)


The brads secured the small flap to the card, and I tied a piece of Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon around the flap to secure it.  It's tight enough to secure the card, but loose enough that you can slip it on and off.  Once the ribbon was tied, I added a Little Felt Flurry to the front, securing it with a Dollarama rhinestone brad.

We finished the evening covered with glitter, which is perfect for the holiday season!  Tomorrow is cookie making day.  I'm hoping that I can photograph my ginormous stamped cookie jar, complete with cookies!  

Happy stamping!

No comments: