Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How did it come to this??

As some of you know, I used to detest scrapbooking.  I'm no longer sure why, as I've always loved paper crafts.  Heck, I've always loved paper!  I can go into a stationary store (do they still exist?) and mill about for hours on end.  There used to be one in downtown Oakville that had the best stuff.  Ah, memories...

Back to scrapbooking.  I've been making my own cards for years, but my first foray into scrapping was in the fall of 2001.  I yanked apart our family photo albums and created two albums - one for me, and one for my mom.  I didn't enjoy the process.  I'm sure that part of the reason is that while I was working at the dining room table the piles of boxes grew around me.  I finished just before Christmas, and we moved on January 7, 2002.

My second attempt at scrappin' was my wedding album.  It is better than the first one (which I am now systematically taking apart as I "rescrap" the pictures), and it gets better the farther into the album you go.  But... I still didn't really enjoy it.  

My friend Marci has been listening for almost 3 years that it's her fault that I started really scrapping (and enjoying it!).  She gave me an 8x8 album kit when Michelle was born, and told me that I had to do her baby album as a scrapbook.  I did, and the rest is history.  I'm now obsessed, and really prefer it to card-making (although it seems like I don't have enough time for either!).

My 2007 scrapbook really is going to take some time, with a whole lot of creativity thrown in.  I've sort of planned it out: the pictures are sorted and categorized, but they haven't all been matched with letters.  I have a feeling that I may live to regret this A-Z book that I'm doing, but I'm committed now and can't stop.  The other wrench that I've thrown in is that the entire book will be made using Stampin' Up! products.  I may cave at some point and use some of my QuicKutz dies, but for the moment I'll stick with my paper, stamps, and embellishments.  I've now finished three layouts for the 2007 book.  I've already posted "G", and here come "F" and "W".
Stay tuned for more pages in the weeks to come...  You may even see yourself in the pictures!

No comments: